Travelling in trains can be pleasant and exciting no matter what the circumstances might be, if you are aware of certain basic rules and regulations that you stick to while travelling. These are some really simple and basic rules which will undoubtedly ensure a nice journey for you and your fellow travellers.
Well, if you are wondering what these basic rules and regulations, some said and some unsaid, might be, then here are a few for you that you can stick to when travelling:
- The first and the most important thing that you have to be aware about is how to get reserved seats. It is very important that you get reserved seats when you book your ticket, especially in trains that in high demand so that you do not have to wait till the last minute to know whether or not your ticket has been confirmed. The best way to do that would be open an IRCTC account and book your tickets from there, as soon as the ticket window opens at 8 in the morning, two months or sixty to 120 days prior to the date of travel.
- Another crucial aspect of your train journey is your food. You need to make sure that you carry enough dry food with you in the train so that in case you feel hungry you have something to munch on. For the more bigger meals of the day like lunch, breakfast and dinner, you can either order food from the pantry car of the train (generally most overnight journey trains do) or you can get your Food on Train delivered from a restaurant of your choice at a prefixed station. This service is comparatively new and it ensures that you get to eat freshly prepared food of your choice.
- The other thing that you ought to carry with you when travelling is a valid photo id proof. These are extremely essential since the TT will ask you to show you one with your ticket. If unable to produce to the identity proof you might be subjected to payment of huge fine or meet even be asked to alight the train at the next station. Hence for your ticket and your booking to be valid, it is very important that you carry a photo identity proof with you.
- You have to be considerate towards your co-passengers. If you want to listen to music, carry headphones with you. Do not play it on a loudspeaker since it will disturb others. Cooperate with your co-passengers and they too will be nice towards you.
- And lastly, do make sure that you reach the station on time. It is very important that you do not miss your train since getting a refund and another ticket might prove to be a little tricky. So do make sure that you reach the station at least half an hour before the departure time.
These are some very basic things that one has to consider when it comes to travelling in trains.