Train journeys are always fun! Whether you are travelling with your friends or your family, they make time spent with one another simply memorable. While train journeys are great to make, you should keep a few things in mind to make sure they offer you what you expect from them-
- One of the most important things to make sure your train journey is great is carrying less baggage. Well, there is generally no cap on the weight of luggage you can carry in a train but still you should keep the number of bags to a minimum. Why? Because there are chances that you might misplace them. Moreover, it’s not possible to keep every bag on your seat. Hence, they need to be kept under the lower berths. In case, you are sleeping on the uppermost birth, how will you know if someone takes your luggage with them by mistake? So, the wisest thing is to carry one or two bags with you, nothing more than that, unless required.
- Enjoy the scenic beauty outside. Often railways are laid in places that are far off from residential areas. And because they are distant places, they are often surrounded by greenery, ponds and farm lands. If you are a nature lover, you will absolutely love to travel experiencing such beautiful sceneries. If possible, occupy some seating space immediately beside the window. This will not just offer you the chance to treat your eyes on the beauty outside, but also get a lot of fresh air to breathe in.
- If you are on a long journey, it would be nice if you can mingle with other fellow passengers. This way, you will pass your time in an amazing way. Share with them snacks that you have probably brought from home. And accept what they offer. If everyone is having train food, then the question of sharing won’t arise, but in any other case, you will feel good by sharing things you eat and books you read. One thing that, however, you need to keep in mind is that you should only open up with families. Individual passengers may or may not be trustworthy.
- Trains are open to everyone. So, if you want to be safe, don’t come wearing a lot of valuable jewellery. Leave them back at home, if possible. If you need them, make sure you just keep them with you; avoid wearing them at all costs.
- While travelling by a train, it might feel tempting to eat anything and everything you catch sight of. After all, there are so many snack vendors who pass you by. But by avoiding such foods, you will do a great favour to your stomach. Suffering from digestive issues is the worst thing you can have while travelling. So, avoid unhygienic and unhealthy food in train items. If at all you need to snack on something, buy bananas. They act as a great snack when you are travelling by train.
By following these tips you will not just make your train journey safe but also fun filled. So, the next time you plan a train trip, make sure you remember these points.